What we do
Rank a Brand is Europe’s largest brand-comparison website with over 800 brands in 6 sectors, including fashion, electronics, food & beverages and travel (you can find the complete overview of all the brands here). Rank a Brand provides the public with independent information on brands' sustainability credentials. Formed by like-minded consumers, at Rank a Brand you find an overview of important consumer brands and their sustainability scores based on the themes of environment, climate, labor issues, and transparency. On the website you can find a comprehensive summary (and rank) of most consumer brands along with their sustainability scores.
Why does it work?
See our full explanation in this video:
Because of what we do, empowering consumers to make an informed choice about where to spend their money, we have been featured in the Dutch news and are often being talked about (by the brands themselves and by the consumer). Brands know that consumers expect certain things from them and they are dependent on image and sales. By highlighting brand’s sustainability credentials we make this information easy to access and transparent.
Brands want consumers' money, there has never been a greater time for consumers to exercise their purchasing power and put pressure on brands to ‘do the right thing’.
- ASK - we have composed a set of targeted questions which are focused on the brands sustainability credentials
- RESEARCH - we review all the online sustainability information that brands display for their consumers and answer our carefully targeted questions
- ANALYSE - we analyse the information found and compose a sustainability score for each brand based on what we have found
- COMPARE - we compare the ranking scores of the brands per sector.
- REVIEW - the independently sourced sustainability scores of your favourite brands
- COMPARE - compare these scores with other brands in the same sector
- BUY - make an informed choice about which brands score highly and, therefore, where to buy your goods from
- POKE - poke the brands that you think should and can do better